Thursday, January 19, 2012

How good is the gas mileage on a Mini Cooper?

We're considering trading in our Jeep Cherokee (1999) for a Coop more than likely a used one, but I'd like to hear from those of you who own a Coop on how the gas mileage is and what year you have, also are there any owners out there w/kids? We have a 4 year old. How easy is it to get your kids in/out of the backseat? Is it comfortable for them?



Thanks in advance for your respones!How good is the gas mileage on a Mini Cooper?
My mom has one and I'm not particularly keen on it.



Rear seat room is almost non-existent. My mom is claustrophobic and is unable to sit in the back of the car without getting a panic attack it is so small back there.



As far as gas mileage, we have the Cooper S and live in an area with lots of hills and lots of city traffic and mileage is only about 22mpg combined. Not particularly impressive considering the car doesn't have much power.



We also have the convertible, which is bad for numerous reasons. First of all, you get the smallest trunk ever. Second, the rear seat area is even more confined. Third, the convertible has the biggest blindspots ever when the top is up and you can't even see out of the rear view mirror.



On the positive side, my mom does get lots of compliments, which she likes, and she was also happy to switch from an SUV to the Mini.



The best advice is to go to a dealer with your children. Usually the salespeople are happy to give you a test drive and you can see how the kids like the car.How good is the gas mileage on a Mini Cooper?
I have a mini cooper and love it. It give me about 38 on the highway. I have a 3 year grandson (mom in Iraq) and it is easy I fold one side of the seat and I can put his stroller and other stuff and fit fine I highly recommended. I have had mine for almost 3 years. my co worker is getting one just because she loves mine and drives better than a jaguar . the seats are quite comforable I have a 19 year and rides alot in the back seat and our neighbor tags alot with us too. Mine has 6 air bags

It better than the consumer report rates itHow good is the gas mileage on a Mini Cooper?
well my b/f is a machanic at a car dealership. and the gas milage is good on the cooper. but to work on them is a pain and to have them worked on is very expensive. from what he says they really arnt worth it. i would look into getting something else
28 city/37 highway



do remember that they are sub-compact cars (aka tiny) made for two adults in the front, two smaller children in the back

No comments:

Post a Comment