Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it bad for the speakers or gas mileage to play music loud?

I have a Ford Focus with a stock system. I just got an iPod transmitter so I'm excited about listening to music in the car. I play it pretty loud with the bass and treble all the way up. Is that bad for gas mileage or the speakers.



The complete volume isn't all the way up, just about 75% or 80%.Is it bad for the speakers or gas mileage to play music loud?
Everyone here is right., except the 1 b4 me that post wasn't there as I was answering. I popped my cheesy stock speakers! As for my gas mileage, oddly yes it was bad for me, I seemed to Lean a little harder on the gas when I was listening and getting into my tunes. I'm totally serious btw...life is short, it's ur car do what U want :)







p.s.s. I blew them out listening to hip hop ;)
no its not bad for you mileage. It is hard on your speakers because they are stock speakers so they will eventually blow out. generally you should set your bass at 3/4 and treble slightly less then that.Is it bad for the speakers or gas mileage to play music loud?
It will not affect your mileage at all, as to the speakers, they can be damaged but as long as you dont change the stock system they should be OK.
no not bad for gas mileage - the speakers could wear quicker because of the constant use at higher frequencies ... but it is def. bad for your hearingIs it bad for the speakers or gas mileage to play music loud?
Yes it's bad for those cheap little speakers and your EARS!!!
i have gone through 2 sets of crappy speakers, the ones in the frt like 3 " O well, life is short....and I listen to RAP and HIP HOP
For the speakers you wouldnt likely get wear but rather catastrophic failure or major damage all at once. If you start to hear buzzing or distortion then your speakers are clipping - i.e. the amp is running out of power to drive them at that volume, and this is when things start to go bad (not what most people think - that the amp is not powerful enough to damage them),

They may tear , seize or literally melt down your amp which will likely start to overheat. Really bad for your hearing as well - ask yourself if you wanna have the hearing of an 80 year old in 5 years time - but there is usually no point in warning anyone about that, so at least back of the treble - this is where most hearing damage would likely occur.
no and no



the manufactures would not make the radio powerful enough to blow the speakers
It sure stinks to all the people around you that have to suffer your filthy rap trash at 80% volume..

No comments:

Post a Comment