Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can i "mechanically" increase my gas mileage on my 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor?

I would like to increase my gas mileage on my 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor? I'm not looking to change my driving habits because they are very superb when it comes to saving gas. I'm looking for what i can do mechanically to get better gas mileage.How can i "mechanically" increase my gas mileage on my 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor?
Besides the obvious stuff like oil changes, car washes, and properly inflating your tires, try removing weight from the vehicle, like taking out the back seats, removing spare tire or anything in the trunk, etc. You can also install a Short Ram Intake which is extremely easy. It will boost your horsepower and allow you to use fuel more efficiently. A touring exhaust system will do the same thing.How can i "mechanically" increase my gas mileage on my 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor?
The first thing you should realize is, the car was NOT built to be an economy car. it is a pursuit vehicle and is going to use fuel at a much higher rate. It was designed to be that way. Yes, you can spend money on parts, as suggested by another here, but inherently the car will not be a good fuel use performer. Good luck.How can i "mechanically" increase my gas mileage on my 2003 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor?
Unless you're willing to get into rear gear changes, the car is about as good as it's going to get. Removing excess weight is a good way, running the tire air pressure to the hi side of normal.....
good luck i agree with the last guy, there are a few things you can do, but as far as mechanically, i dont think so i mean its a v8 not really good on mileage to start off

No comments:

Post a Comment