Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gas mileage?

my daughter might be getting a 2000 Toyota 4runner. What would be a good mileage to look for? How much can those things take?Gas mileage?
I just sold my 2004. I loved it and miss it but don't miss the gas mileage (my main reason to change vehicles).



Most of my driving is done in town with some highway driving. I'm not sure if all of them have it but the 2004 had a thing that told you exactly how many miles per gallon you were getting and I used to reset it every time I refueled. 90% of the time I averaged 15.9-16.3 mpg. We did drive it 2000 miles on the highway and got 21, that was the best I ever saw. It always took me $50-$60 to fill it up and that lasted me about a week (to go from home to daycare to work and back).
With reasonable driving, you can expect 20 mpg +. My '04 4Runner with 4.0LV6 gives me 21 average city/hwy.Gas mileage?
not sure because i have Toyota with 8 cylinders and it takes a lot of gas
100,000 miles IS NOT a long time by todays standerds....my GM cars have all gotten over 300,000 miles with no troubles !!! check this link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>Gas mileage?
16 mpg city - 23 hwy
If you're asking how long Toyotas last...a long time. I just passed 100,000 and mine is doing great. I hear stories of them lasting past 200,000 miles and in 1 case 1,000,000 miles. Along the way you'll probably have to get a new transmission and a few other repairs though. It pretty much depends on how much you want to spend..I would probably look for one with under 100,000 or close to it and you'll probably end up spending around 11,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment