Thursday, January 19, 2012

How much of an effect does air conditioning have on my gas mileage?

The gas mileage for my van seems to bottom out in the summer months when I have to use the air conditioning. This year, so far, it seems worse than ever. I am getting about 30 miles less on a tank of gas. Any suggestions or insights?How much of an effect does air conditioning have on my gas mileage?
check your air filter get new plugs check your fuel filter.
If this doesen`t work, i advice you to visit http://topaerconditionat.ro/ there you will find your answer. Good luck

Report Abuse

How much of an effect does air conditioning have on my gas mileage?
Mythbusters actually did a bit on this..yes, the a/c does cost you a little bit of gas mileage, but so does the wind resistance of riding with the windows down. It worked out to be essentially the same. So you can take your pick in the summer, a/c or riding with the windows down, it up to you.
By running your AC, an extra load is added to your engine causing it too work harder. You can roll down the window for some free cooling or only use your AC in the short drives and window for the long ones.

You may want to have your vehicle tuned up, often that can make an enormous difference.How much of an effect does air conditioning have on my gas mileage?
Get a tune up and keep up on your oil changes and stuff, making sure your engine is running as well and smooth as it can is one way to make sure you cut down how hard the AC hits you on gas usage.



Also try to see if you can cut back on your AC usage, for me, I only use the AC when my wife or my son is with me, or other small children, other then that, I roll the windows down. I dont know your exact situation, so I dont know how much that applys to you.
if it is hot, isnt the mileage difference worth it? couple mi per gal. unless you sit and idle a lot..
a/c 10-15% loss in economy.
30 gallons is not too bad when you consider how hot you would be without it. when you've been hot all day at work and you hit the road with the a/c on, it makes it all worth it.
In my car its about 3 miles less per gallon

No comments:

Post a Comment