Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the best method to get the best possible gas mileage?

I am already getting really good gas mileage on my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta, but how do I get even better mileage? I am concerned about this because I have a far commute to make to work everyday. Please help!!!What is the best method to get the best possible gas mileage?
Tire pressure.. the firmer the tires the better your mpg.



Only use cruise control on flat terrain. If there is hills the cruise will cause many transmission shifts if its an automatic which will burn more gas.



If you have a manual keep it in the highest gear possible.



Avoid slowing down as much as possible. For example.. if someone in your lane is slowing down to turn and you can get into another lane do so. Accelerating from a stop burns tons of gas.What is the best method to get the best possible gas mileage?
I recommend having nitrogen put in your tires. It will stabilize the pressure and is not affected by temperature changes. Tire pressure is important for the best mileage. Also be sure to use your cruise control and don't take off hard from stop signs and red lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment